What a specimen of a 21 year vintage I am. :) tehe

What it means to be a man:

I think being a man means being honest in all you do, and always striving to be better. Being knowledgeable about the local and global affairs. Having an educated opinion, standing by it, and always being able to rethink it. About being passionate about life, your interests, your family and friends and your gal. Being a man means living life, laughing, and loving. These are The Things I see, live, do, think, read, watch, love, like, want and more.

Cheers, Jared

Monday, December 5, 2011

Occupy Your Mind

After seeing the link at the bottom and the pictures there, I was reminded of a good friend who allowed me to experience Haiti, and I wanted to let him know I was still thinking of him, Haiti and the lessons I learned there.  I wanted to share that link on his wall.  So, as I was doing the above, this evolved and this is what I posted on his wall, and I realized, this is what I've been trying to say.

OCCUPY YOUR MIND
-------------------
This is me saying, I may not be in Haiti, but I promise you, I am always fighting for Haiti. Because the fight for Haiti is the fight for America is the fight for Egypt is the fight for Cambodia is the fight for the people of the world to finally receive the respect of the world inherently deserved with each breath breathed and sigh sighed.

This is me saying, as I struggle, I struggle with you. As you struggle, you struggle with me. Because the fight for humanity is the fight for freedom is the fight for agency is the fight for love is the fight for family is the fight for the world to finally give to us the abundance of happiness that is ready to be reaped and sown again and again by us.

This is me saying, I will help you and I by helping him and her. That is the responsibility I place on myself, to help the other in the hopes that s/he will help another and thus we all help each other.

We, as humans have minds which are amazing, but even more so is our ability to work together as a group, come together to solve problems and improve our situations. The more we work for improvement of life for all, the more we work for our children and their children. The more we work to establish a culture of consciousness and sustainable systems the more we work to make the passing of each day easier for those that will see the sun rise after ten thousand sun sets.

This is me saying, I am occupying my mind, will you join me?
Voices of Haiti
 

No comments:

Post a Comment