What a specimen of a 21 year vintage I am. :) tehe

What it means to be a man:

I think being a man means being honest in all you do, and always striving to be better. Being knowledgeable about the local and global affairs. Having an educated opinion, standing by it, and always being able to rethink it. About being passionate about life, your interests, your family and friends and your gal. Being a man means living life, laughing, and loving. These are The Things I see, live, do, think, read, watch, love, like, want and more.

Cheers, Jared

Friday, February 26, 2010

1 Thing I Wrote - Thoughts on Power

Judge as you see fit. I live my life.

------------

I am pursuing a successful life.

I do it to bring myself to a point where I no longer am required to work for the next step. I work to bring myself to a point where I am allowed to do as I please, to travel where I like, to learn what I want, to interact with whom I want. Not to please anyone, not to immortalize myself, but to please myself.

I wish to achieve success to the point of my own satisfaction.

I know I will never achieve this, I know I will never be able to act with no connections, but that does not mean I cannot work towards that end.

I work to gather power, in whatever form.

More often it is those who would abuse the power that end in a position of power. This is because they are not concerned with how they manage to receive that power.

I differ not in my pursuit, at least in the relentlessness of it, but in the execution of my power. I will always use the power I have in a way that I feel benefits the human race the most.

The things I do personally are to bring myself to a point where I have power, but that power will be used for the good of the human race, which is good for me.

Power is void of morality; neither evil nor good exist within power. Rather, it is the execution of said power that results in the definition of good and evil.

I must just remember that, often, the greatest harm is done with the best of intentions. That is why I can never act without connections, because my viewpoint will always be what I feel is the best and it is my responsibility to gather around me people who will be willing to express their own viewpoint, to make me rethink my own position, to force me to some sense of objectivity. My position of power, in analogy, will be a plateau, rather than a peak, which only has space enough for me, tall and broad, providing space for my fellows.

I believe that the ends justify the means. It is a cruel belief, and, no, there is not such a thing as a necessary evil; I also believe that life is not the best teacher, just the hardest. Life lessons are usually the only way people learn.

So, I continue to pursue that success and my ideal life. I just always work in veracity, not an idyllic surrealistic reality where logic is equal to fallacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment